Back in the late 90s, home automation started slowly, and was only seen in upscale houses and engineer's den. The most obvious example of how technology has advanced is its presence in nearly every modern household – the average Joe can now tell his lights to power on or off using his Smartphone before he's even pulled up in his driveway!
In the following run-down, we list a handful of reasons why a smart home is a better home:
- Smart is Convenient. Simply put, having a smart home is tantamount to having many of the controls at your fingertips – you can close your curtains, operate the lights in separate rooms; control your security set-up and more. And you can do this even if you're not actually inside your home.
- Smart Equals Increased Comfort. Additionally, automating your home allows you to exercise less energy in performing certain tasks. After a long day at work, you don't have to get up several times to alter your home comfort system, for example, or to start the washer/dryer.
- Smart is More Efficient. For similar reasons as the above, having remote access to all of your devices has the potential to decrease your energy bill. With the click of a button or swipe of your Smartphone, you can shut down the thermostat or turn off the lights before bed.
- Ease Your Worries. Did you forget to turn the stove off when you got into bed? How about check for water leaks? A smart home makes these things easily viewable from your portable device; there are sensors that detect these kinds of things and you can digitally tap into them.
- Customize. And, of course, there's the prospect of precise customization. Just about every part of your home can be upgraded to smart-level; whether you opt for an electronics customization expert, or simply peruse the wide range of available options. The high-tech solutions are virtually endless.