Smart lighting systems bring a new level of convenience to the home. Usually operated with a universal-style remote, you are able to dim, alter, illuminate, and change the lights throughout your home with a handheld remote or your technological devices.
Some choices that you will need to make in terms of your smart lighting features are:
- Wired or wireless? Do you want the freedom of wireless smart lighting? These are easily installed by homeowners, though the reliability of wired systems requires professional installation.
- Level of lighting control? If you prefer not to have a lot of system options, go with something simple. Don't invest in features that you won't use.
- Colored light option? Colored lighting options are found with many smart lighting features and these can bring a celebratory element to your parties and holiday affairs.
- Mood and scene settings? Some lighting systems may offer different scene settings which allow you to create a mood in your space. For instance, some may utilize warm light diffusion to create a welcoming environment while a different setting may use a cooler light to energize.
- LED or incandescent bulbs? Most newer systems make use of energy-efficient LED bulbs. If you are still a fan of the old-school incandescent, make sure your lighting system choice reflects this preference.
- Compatible with your other devices? Make the right decision regarding the compatibility of your smart lighting fixtures; consider the convenience of integrating the system with motion sensors on your property or your smartphone security apps.
The lighting that you use in your home is integral to so many things that you do. Whether you use lighting features for security or tasks, ambient lighting or ornamental illumination, make the right choice for your lifestyle and needs when investing in a smart system.